electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Basic questions about TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rouslan N.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Basic questions about TV Reply with quote

I am repairing a TV for the first time and have no experience\knowledge.

-Is there really X-radiation present when I turn the TV on, should I worry about this?-I read it on a label on the CRT
-Is it dangerous to touch the metal casing of the CRT?-Isn't that the High Voltage output?

I got a response that I have bad B+ regulation after I posted the topic "Weird Problems with TV."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Basic questions about TV Reply with quote

Rouslan N. wrote:

-Is there really X-radiation present when I turn the TV on, should I worry about this?-I read it on a label on the CRT
-Is it dangerous to touch the metal casing of the CRT?-Isn't that the High Voltage output?

I got a response that I have bad B+ regulation after I posted the topic "Weird Problems with TV."

the answer to you questions are simple, Most television especially The type with Crt's put off some but very miminal amount of xray radiation, This evolves for the high voltage produced in the tube, But nothing to worry about, The Metal Casing is Ground, All televisions have X-ray protection, so if the high voltage exceeds the limit of the tube , the set will go into failsafe mode, meaning it will shut down the horizonal circuit used to drive the high voltage circuit, Never touch the RED Wire running form the flyback to the top to the crt as this is High Voltage a typical 20" television can have as much as 20,000 volts to light up that tube. Most sets today discharges this voltage to dagg Ground when you turn the set off, But always be safe and use a High probe to discharge the tube before touching the cap at the top of the CRT.

If you have a brighter screen then normal your B+ maybe to high, But usually in this the regulation feedback Pulse will shut down the Regulator and shut off the set,Measure the collector voltage on the horizontal output transistor sould be about 130V-135V and higher then this the set will go into failsafe. If too high Replace the main B+ REgulator and current liminting resistor associated with the regulator..

Hope this helps
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Basic questions about TV Reply with quote

Rouslan N. wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия