electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Phipils CDR-799 Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVBug

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Phipils CDR-799 Help Reply with quote

This Twin deck CD/CD-r recorder has a problem with the L/H deck. Not reading the disc. When disk is inserted, the sled kinda shuffles backwards and forwards rapidly, not seeming to go to the start position to be able to read the Table of Contents of the CD. At one time it seemed intermittent, now cant seem to get to read at all
fongs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Not familiar with this deck but based on what u described, I can think of the common causes:

1. weak laser pickup - replace the pickup assembly. U may get lucky by tuning the laser power up but this is juz a make shift solution.

2. broken or intermittent breaks in cable or flexible cable that links pickup assembly to PCB - try resitting/ replacing this first! I had experience where I replaced the entire pickup assembly (= $$) juz to find that its the flexible cable link that gives me the problem. Mad

Good luck! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия