electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PROBLEM WITH SYLVANIA SUPER SET II PROJECTION TV FROM 1990

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOHNFB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: PROBLEM WITH SYLVANIA SUPER SET II PROJECTION TV FROM 1990 Reply with quote

I HAVE A SYLVANIA SUPER SET II PROJECTION TV THAT IS 15 YEARS OLD. IT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY MY GRANDFATHER ABOUT A YEAR AGO. LAST MONTH I STARTED HAVING TROUBLE GETTING IT TO TURN ON AFTER IT HAD BEEN OFF FOR THE NIGHT. UP UNTIL TODAY IT ALWAYS ENDED UP WORKING AFTER A FEW MINUTES OF PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON. I HAVE TESTED THE CORD FOR POWER, AND HAVE TRIED BOTH THE REMOTE AND THE BUTTONS ON THE TV, BUT IT WON'T TURN ON. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX THIS? I REALLY WANT TO GET IT GOING AGAIN BECAUSE THE PICTURE IS REALLY GOOD FOR A TV AS OLD AS THIS ONE. THANK YOU.
hotvtom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Sylvania Reply with quote

You don't give a Model number, but it could be a capacitor in the standby power supply. Check the standby voltage, and if its low, that could be your problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия