electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Harman Kardon AVR 7000
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven79

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Harman Kardon AVR 7000 Reply with quote

Hi!

Having problems with my avr 7000, left front channel has no sound, anyone here have a service manual to this amp? anyone know what the problem might be, and the solution to it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I know its a long time ago, but did you find out whats wrong with your reciver ?
I have a similar problem with mine, but it is on the right channel.
Could be the same problem...

BR Hans-olof
Anders

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Likely fault in DSP capacitors Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been browsing around for resolution for this problem since yesterday; The "powerplant" seems to be well respected for it's sound qualities, by disrespected for it's poor quality.

The problem in low/no sound for different channels seem to originate from DSP capacitors that are worn out (due to high temperature).

People seem to recommend to replace all 10 uF capacitors on the DSP board, which judging from responses, seem to do the trick.

I'll order capacitors and try it out.

Service Manual is found on ESE (however three or four H/K folders)

Regards,
Anders
Anders

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Done replacing DSP capacitors Reply with quote

Hi,

Replaced the capacitors, and it seems to have worked fine. Verified sound in at least four channels. Will try out more at my brother in law's next weekend.

General low level on the amplifier; Requires to operate around -20dB -> -15dB to give sufficient level.

Anyone with experience from AVR7000 that can comment on how hi volume needs to be set? (configured for "small" front and rear speakers).

/Anders
Mo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Done replacing DSP capacitors Reply with quote

Anders wrote:
Hi,

Replaced the capacitors, and it seems to have worked fine. Verified sound in at least four channels. Will try out more at my brother in law's next weekend.

General low level on the amplifier; Requires to operate around -20dB -> -15dB to give sufficient level.

Anyone with experience from AVR7000 that can comment on how hi volume needs to be set? (configured for "small" front and rear speakers).

/Anders

Anders,

I am having the same problem with My AVR 7000. It has been in the repair shop for a month and a half waiting to be repaired. They told me the problem is with the "Power Supply"

Where did you get the capacitors and what are the exact make and model?

Thanks and regards,

Mo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did u find the capacitors and how much where they my AMP is down so no music fer me my email is [email protected] thanks if u could help me would be awsome
Srinath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: AVR7000 HK surround problems Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am loate to bring back a zombie thread, but well my amp turned into a zombie so I figured it was OK.

OK so the avr7000 works perfect in stereo mode but has issues in all the other modes. If you put it in any of the surround modes, it cuts 20 db off the right front speaker. headphones also act like something has shorted the internals out. It blinks HE, then back to the input and HE and back etc etc and no sound form the Headphones.

So I pull the amp apart. Video board comes off, and the DTS board comes out, and I see there are 4 caps that seem to have their tops welled up.

C65, C70, C73 and C170, and all 4 are in 1 segment it looks like - They are in the +3v3a (c65) , +3v3d (c70 and c73), and +5vd (c170) section of the circuit. I suspect they are filtering of some kind, cos their other leg is to ground. So I suspect its losing some charge to ground and hence not supplying power where it needs to go.

Could someone look at the avr 7000 schematic, its in the DD/DTS/HDCD/7-Logic board and let me know if I can experience these symptoms with the caps being out.

Hope this could help some others as well.
Thanks.
Srinath.
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly can cause all sorts of problems. Your listed caps are in 3.3V AND 5V lines & are all 1000mf6.3v electrolytics.---& there are more of them. If I were you I'd replace them all with at least a 10V cap.
Go to elektrotanya.com & dload the manual ver4 (pg143 of the pdf)
Srinath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Got the manual Reply with quote

I have the manual and have been looking @ it till I turned blue ...

OK all them caps 10v 1000mf ? Find and swap all of the 6.3/1000 ... or all the 6.3's regardless of their mf ... and on other boards ?

Thanks so much.
Srinath.
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was to change the working voltage> 6.3v rating to 10v rating.
No need to change the capacitance value.
In the world of consumer electronics, 6.3volt caps are problematic.
Their use is strictly a cost issue. When you have a 5 volt line and decide on using a 6.3V cap, you are very close to the capacitor limit. Not counting any other issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия