electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Blown CD Player help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malicia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Blown CD Player help Reply with quote

I need to know what this is, It blew when I was installing my Inlaws CD player and didn't check the fuse (which was too big)

Is was the same as the one just to the right. This is the only damage I can see so would replacing this item fix the cd player?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a power diode. What are you like at replacing surface mount IC's?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fuse of any size will not cause this. If you have blown a diode of this size something drastic has happened and you will need to replace more than just the diode. That is why I asked if you can replace surface mounted IC's.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I have replaced the bown diode with a 1N4004 will test it tonight. It would seem as though the earth and ground got mixed. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия