electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
teac tv dropped has bands of blue green red on the screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blu_indego

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: teac tv dropped has bands of blue green red on the screen Reply with quote

Hi i'm just inquiring about my Teac 51 cm tv about 6 years old. I dropped it a couple of times now it doesn't have normal colours on the screen. The colors are red blue and green large curvy lines on the screen. I contacted a tv repairman they said it was the tube and that it was too expensive to repair could it be another problem as the tv works fine apart from the different colours on the screen.
Smeck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that repairman was right - it is problem of CRT, not TV electronics. Inside of tube is metalic grill which is fixed to frame. This grill ensures correct beam landing to screen phosphor - for red, blue and green beams. When TV fall down grill can be deformed.
If those colour distortion are not very large, you can try to correct them by small and weak disc magnets from back of the CRT. The biggest effect of magnets is near of DY. Use red flat pattern, then check on blue and green. But - magnets are distorting also geometry and convergence, you will have to find compromise...
Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия