electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Convergence problem with Philips 43PP920217

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dunnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Convergence problem with Philips 43PP920217 Reply with quote

When the TV is turned on there is a split picture between all three colors. The red and the blue won't adjust to the center. The red is worse than the blue because it curves up towards the top left corner of the screen. The other two colors are level.

A repairman came to diagnose the problem and stated that a new convergence board was needed. He wanted $600 for it. I can get the part cheaper myself at Tritronics.

Before I dropped the money on the new board I was hoping you all might have some suggestions on anything else I could try. Also, does anyone have the schematics or know where I can get them?

Thanks in advance.
Dunnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

Any ideas? Anyone know where I can get a service manual from?? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine replaced on my Hitachi 61SWX10B and watched them do it. It was a simple card swap. The "very experienced" repairman did not know how to manually converge it so I had to do it and he still charged me $550 for the repair. I taught him how to do the man. converge since I had the service manual and did it many times. If I had it to do over, I would buy the chips that are about $60 ea. if I remember right (you have to replace both,horiz. and vert.) and insert and reconverge myself. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Try the wimtv site........there is plenty of info there......
david williams

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: same problem as post Reply with quote

I have the same problem as the post title... and have found a supplier for the convergence boards. I was hoping someone could tell me how to perform the manual convergence.
thanks in advance,
David Williams
Magoo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor and just replace the STK ic's. You would be suprised at how many bad new boards we get.
Get the STK number off the IC'S and replace them. Check for burned resistors.
After that you may have to touch up the convergane a little if you haven't played with it yet.
If you need the code let me know .. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия