electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Problem with Mitsubishi 60" TV (Model No.: VS-60705)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midaiz1221b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Problem with Mitsubishi 60" TV (Model No.: VS-60705) Reply with quote

As mentioned in the subject line, I have a Mitsubishi 60" TV (Model No.: VS-60705) that recently started shutting down upon turning it on.

I would turn on the power (both by either remote control or on the set itsself) and i can hear the TV turn on, but 85% of the time, it will immediately turn off again after only a few seconds. Occasionally, the TV will stay on a few seconds longer.

Sometimes, it stays on long enough to render a picture. If/when this happens, the image is distorted. Sometimes, the images 'adjusts itsself' and looks fine. But, most of the time, the TV shuts off again.

What could the problem be? And how do I go about fixing it?

I've checked the power cable. It seems fine. Could the TV be overheating? Is it true that if I leave it on for 6-8 hours straight, that this kind of problem can occur?

Any help on the subject would be much appreciated.

--Mike
alltronix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might check for poor solder connections on the vertical output IC. It may also be some bad capacitors in the power circuits.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solder up the convergence ics to start.
Dave Fries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: mits Reply with quote

press menu and input at the same time when set won't power up. Read the error code displayed by led.
Brian NJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi VS 60705 Power Issue Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same issue. My TV will only power on for less than a second and then immediately shut off. Despite this TV being on a surge suppressor (for both the power and the coa), this trouble began immediately followig an electrical storm. I did open the back and found a fuse that I am going to have checked (though it looks okay). Service call is $115. What did you end up finding out?
Bentley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi 50" TV 1998 repair Reply with quote

I have just had our 1998 50" Mitsubishi rear projection TV looked at by a serviceman and after diagnostic checks on all tubes he's saying we need to replace the "power deflector board?" Can anyone let me know just what that is and how much you might estimate a cost for?? After finally finding someone to come to home and check out it cost $100 just for the look-see and estimate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi 50" TV 1998 repair Reply with quote

Bentley wrote:
I have just had our 1998 50" Mitsubishi rear projection TV looked at by a serviceman and after diagnostic checks on all tubes he's saying we need to replace the "power deflector board?" Can anyone let me know just what that is and how much you might estimate a cost for?? After finally finding someone to come to home and check out it cost $100 just for the look-see and estimate.

I, too, had the same problem with turning on TV and automatically shutting off. At first the picture left but still sound, but once turned off after that first time, it wouldn't turn back on.
megrant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi vs50707 shuts down right after start up Reply with quote

Same problem as everyone else. right after start up it shuts down. i get a blink code of 2 - 4. Repair man seemed just as clueless as me. there is only one Mitsubishi repairman in the area.

any suggestions, i can solder.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code 2-4 is the +24 volts vertical deflection failure. Could be bad convergence IC's or the vertical IC puked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия