electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
coin operated art project

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akiecker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: coin operated art project Reply with quote

I am working on an art project. I have a coin mechanism that I need to activate a light that will only stay on for a limited time. (I don't know anything about electronics)
Drambue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a useful general purpose timer chip called a '555' - you can use a microswitch (ask a sales assistant at your local electronics hobby shop to show you one) in the coin slot to trigger the 555 and the 555 can turn on a relay which can provide power to your light. The 555 circuit will stay on for a time determined by the value of a couple of components connected to it and can easily be made adjustable.
You will find lots of circuits for 555 based timers on the net and there are cheap and simple timer circuit hobby kits available from lots of places - you might need to shop around a little to find a local supplier with something you can adapt.
Also if its for an Art related project you might be able to get some asistance from the prepators/technicians at you local public art gallery - failing that look for artist run spaces and initiatives in your area- theres bound to be some technically minded Artists who might be able to give you a few pointers or even recomend an artists techhnical assistant.
Failing all that send me an email at [email protected]
Good luck - Drambue
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия