electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Problem with Samsung PCL545R Rear-Projection CRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racing.fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Problem with Samsung PCL545R Rear-Projection CRT Reply with quote

I have the TV described above. 2 days ago, the TV showed the red, blue, and green separately on the left side, but as you got towards the right, the colors got closer until they correctly lined up at the edge. One day later, the TV just turned off. While it's plugged in, it makes a whiring sound, which seems to be coming from a big capacitor on the power supply, and it will click (like it's turning on) and click again after a few seconds (like it's turning off) and it repeats a few more seconds later. It stays in this circle and nothing happens. No display, no sound. Nothing.

Also, the power button doesn't do anything. It starts that cycle upon plug in.

So before this gets thrown out...is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Kevin K.
racing.fire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

Any ideas anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

The clicking/whirring you hear is from the power supply trying to ramp up to operating voltage & turning off again when it overloads because one of the components on the power supply circuit is knackered.

I'd unplug it & leave it off for a day or so then get the back off & check the circuit board for anything which looks burned out - it'll most likely be a capacitor short circuiting to ground

Change the burned out component & you'll be sorted

Make sure you use an insulated screwdriver/ rubber gloves / extreme care

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with it is the same as with 90% of all projos that die. The convergence outputs are whacked. They are loading down the power supply.
Guest2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: simliar problem Reply with quote

Hi there:

I have the 5415R TV which I suspect to be a simliar model, and I have almost the same problem!

I hear the click, then the power stays on, except you see nothing, and the controler & the buttons don't work. anyone has any idea?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

change stk-392-040
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия