electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC AV-56WP30 56 in. Rear Projection Television

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: JVC AV-56WP30 56 in. Rear Projection Television Reply with quote

JVC TV has been working fine for almost 2 years. TIVO is attached. I was doing a search for some shows when I noticed that the Blue Sync seemed to be off. There was a double image in the lettering that was blue.

While searching, all of the sudden the screen went black and I heard a heartbeat kind of thumping coming from the speakers. The TV did not respond to the remote or the manual power button. Blue power light stayed lit.

I unplugged the TV and then plugged it back in after a minute or so. Heard the thumping again and then the blue power light started blinking on and off. No other response.

That was quite a while ago... Now I got some info that said the problem was a condition called power supply overcurrent shutdown. The TV is going into a protection mode to prevent further circuit damage.

Now, the TV sat at a repair shop for a while and then I was told it was going to take $400 to fix the problem.

I can't afford it so I am hoping that the issue is something I can fix myself. I am relatively intelligent, can read a schematic and am handy with electronics and tools.

Can this be something I can fix at home??

Thanx for any info...

Michale
Michale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump....

Michale
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you first described bad convergece ic's but now it sounds like a bad video driver ic on one of the crt brds. Or

No power. Popping sound heard from speakers
Check for shorted HOT or VM board FET
Michale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
you first described bad convergece ic's but now it sounds like a bad video driver ic on one of the crt brds. Or

No power. Popping sound heard from speakers
Check for shorted HOT or VM board FET

Thanx for the reply.. Can you tell me what the HOT and the VM Board FET is?? I can find them on the circuit diagrams I have. I just need to know where to look. Very Happy

Thanx

Michale
Michale

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Bump*
Michale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any info on this?

Sorry to be a pain, but I miss my HD TV... Embarassed

Michale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия