electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LCD screen problem with Samsung VP-D351 camcorder.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffgee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: LCD screen problem with Samsung VP-D351 camcorder. Reply with quote

The LCD screen of my Samsung VP-D351 camcorder went faulty as I was reviewing some footage I had taken. At first the image started filckering with the appearance of horizontal white bands. Then the screen went completely white. I then discovered that if the display was only partially opened (i.e. by between about 10 and 15 degrees instead of the full 90 degrees) the screen began working again as normal.

It would appear there is an intermittent connection somewhere dependant on the angle the screen is opened to.

Does anyone have any tips or information on how to go about visually inspecting the connections of the LCD screen of a camcorder such as the Samsung VP-D351? Could the problem be being caused by a loose ribbon cable connector or such (which is what I'm inclined to suspect)?

All other functions of the camcorder are normal - so the camera is still useable.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. (Unfortunately I forgot to post the guarantee registration to Samsung within the required 30 days so, although I bought the camera only about 9 months ago, I doubt they would repair it under their guarantee! Embarassed )

Any comments, advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot from geoff.
ctuohy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same camera, with what sounds to be same problem. Did you manage to resolve it?
DoumeDC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: D351 Samsung LCD issue. Reply with quote

Hi,

Got exactly the same with mine, open it and find the ribbon cable broken further to open/close function of the screen......... but only after 9 months!

Unfortunately, it was a gift from family and I don't have the prove of purchase to play with the one year waranty....

Now, I am looking to find the ribbon cable in order to change it.

Did you succeed on your own issue?

I'll let you know for mine.

Regards.
doumedc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Samsung D351 Reply with quote

Hi,

Ribbon cable receiveed yesterday and the camera is now bad working!

I will not say this is an easy job, but it could be done.

I just got three extra screws I would have to figure out where to fit, but later as it is working properly now and I don't want to take any risk in openning it again......

Good luck for all will start this job. For about 40€, I think is a good deal if the new cable sustain long enough at it is already about 10% of the current sales price.....

Cordially.

Doume

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung D351 Reply with quote

doumedc wrote:
Hi,

Ribbon cable receiveed yesterday and the camera is now bad working!

I will not say this is an easy job, but it could be done.

I just got three extra screws I would have to figure out where to fit, but later as it is working properly now and I don't want to take any risk in openning it again......

Good luck for all will start this job. For about 40€, I think is a good deal if the new cable sustain long enough at it is already about 10% of the current sales price.....

Cordially.

Doume

Sorry, I would say BACK working (and not bad...... was a bad spelling)
guest 2

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: you were wrong Reply with quote

I think you'll find he mean "bad working". Don't correct people when you don't know what you're talking about, and you were being fussy anyway. "bad working" is a common phrase here is khazakstan, it's slang meaning positive. Like "that dude is mad bad and I'm glad" means someone is good at their job.
[img][/img]
makar

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: PHONE WORD ON SCREEN OF MY CAR RADIO Reply with quote

I HAVE CAR RADIO MERCEDES-BENZ
PA 9400
A 003 820 61 86
MADE IN JAPAN
THE PROBLEM :THE PHONE WORD ON THE SCREEN

PLEASE HELP ME Question
geoffgee

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all your replies and especially doumedc's experiences on doing the repair himself.

Just to update you everyone on this, I subsequently did manage to get the camera repaired under guarantee (through the camera shop where I bought it - I just showed them the receipt they'd given me).

Their repair description came back as ... 'replaced faulty lcd lead, cleaned unit, rec/pb test ok'.

Since repair I've had no problems with the camera. (That said, I haven't been opening and closing the lcd display anything like as frequently as previously!)

Also I've since bought a Panasonic NV-GS 180 - but I still like my older Samsung with its 20x zoom.

Sorry for not getting back to this thread earlier.

Happy video-filming y'all! Very Happy

Geoff.
sam banning

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: vp d-351 Reply with quote

where u get the ribbon for the camera ?
teo83

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: vp d-351 Reply with quote

sam banning wrote:
where u get the ribbon for the camera ?

Same problem!.. The LCD is white and i must tu change flat cable.

Where can i buy it? and for how much money? There is a compatible cable?

Thanks
Matteo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия