electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony CDP M-35 Can't spin up correctly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoneman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Sony CDP M-35 Can't spin up correctly Reply with quote

Has anyone had experience with this CD player. It will not spin up to speed most of the time. Occasionally after many "motor kicks" from the driver it will start up and play just perfectly. If I spin up the platter by hand (while the driver is giving little bursts) to nearly the correct speed it seems to work fine. I cannot find a service manual on this site for this machine, but I know it is the smaller version of a larger one that may be on the site but I do not know the number.
Any help would be appreciated.
gary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

measure the impedence of the spindle motor, it should be approx 12-14 ohms at all points, if it isn't replace it.
stoneman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary, I will try that.
"At all points" confuses me. Do you mean at the different connection points in the circuit or something else?
I will disconnect the motor board from the control board and measure it statically but do you mean to measure it dynamically?
gary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT ALL POINTS OF ROTATION. IE MEASURE, ROTATE SLIGHTLY & REPEAT AS SOMETIMES THE RESISTANCE WILL BE LOW ONLY IN CERTAIN POSITIONS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that explains it.
Why would the resistance change (go lower I assume) over time?
stoneman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was me again Gary, asking the question. I forgot to log in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I measured as you said. The resistance is about 11.3 Ohms, but jumps around when I move its rotational position. When I stop rotation at any position it goes back to about 11.3 ohms.
The adjacent head slide motor is the same part number (RF-310T-11400) and measures about 12.0 Ohms under the same conditions.
Does this explain the behaviour?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия