electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
MATSUI VP9406 VCR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: MATSUI VP9406 VCR Reply with quote

I have a Matsui VP9406 and the control logic seems to have dropped out of step (I am not an electronic tech, but this is my limited understanding of things). The machine will play a tape normally, FF, Rew, change channels etc, but when "record" is pressed on the machine or the remote, the tape ejects. Recording is impossible.
Does anyone know how to reset or repair this please?
derekm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys! Someone must have an idea what's wrong.
sparky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: MATSUI VP9406 VCR Reply with quote

If the tapes you are using has the record inhibit tab missing these symptoms will arise if record is pressed as an indication to the user that the tape is protected and can not be recorded on.
If the tapes have the tab then it may be worth checking the record inhibit switch or soldering of this switch.

Best Regards

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Sparky. Sorry I couldn't rad and reply to your posting sooner, but my computer is playing up badly as well. It only boots up about one time in 10 or 15.
How thick can I get??? Yes the safety tab was off and yes I knew about safety tabs, but it didn't register that it could cause the machine to eject. So, we've had a "dud" machine sat under our television for about six months and I was about to junk it, when I Googled this site!
Guess it's the old "wood for trees" syndrome.
Many, many thanks.
Derek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия