electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony [b]KV-32S12[/b] Repair Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommypartin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Sony [b]KV-32S12[/b] Repair Help Reply with quote

This is my first post and I know very little about TV repair so please be patient with me:

1. At power on, it takes 10-15 minutes for a picture to come up although sound is fine.

2. Every 5-10 minutes thereafter, the screen shuts off for a few seconds and then comes back. Sound isn't affected.

Also, the more lamens terms that you use, the better... I really am kind of lost

Confused Thanks
JAYTEE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT MAY BE THAT THE TUBE IS LOW EMMISSION TRY INCREASING THE SCREEN VOLTS AND THEN BACKING IT OFF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exactly do I do go about that?

I would like to just take it to a TV repair shop, but I'm just a poor ass college kid. I'm hoping to fix it myself...
tommypartin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK pard I hope yer up for this. First make sure your health insurance payments are current. Then remove the back cover and you will see a very large red wire coming out of the top of the picture tube. Follow that wire down to a transformer with two controls on the front of it. Turn the tv on and rotate the bottom of the two controls until you start to see little diagonal lines in the pix then just back it off until the lines just disappear. This will only buy you some time as the picture tube is going out and is triggering the IK circuitry to blank the video to the tube. Actually there is a bypass circuit that can be installed on the crt module that defeats the workings of the IK circuit. But that would be way over your head. Good luck college dude!!!

MD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия