electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Audiovox Plasma won't power up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tushy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Audiovox Plasma won't power up Reply with quote

Hello all.

After solving my sound but no picture and red sparkle problems about 4 months ago (http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=38720&sid=3871a4149e0659c44b1ed28c64e4f474), I now have a new problem.

The TV is an Audiovox FPE4216P which uses many of the same parts as LG plasmas.

Yesterday, when I went to turn on the TV, the power light went from red to blue and looked like it was going to turn on like normal but before the "Audiovox" label showed up, the power light went back to red in about 4 seconds and it did not turn on. Once this happened, the light would not go back to blue unless I unplugged the unit. After doing this three times, it powered right up and everything was fine.

Today, same thing but it would not power up at all.

I took it apart and I get about 118v going into the power board and there are no fuses blown on any of the boards.

Since it only holds power for about 4 seconds, it's difficult to check the Va and Vs but I was able to get the correct reading for Vs. The Va is way low but I don't know if it needs more time to get up to full power or not.

Regardless, I'm leaning towards the power board but thought I would check in here first to see what others thought.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Tushy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: any advice? Reply with quote

I'd hate to splurge on a power board and find that it's not at fault.

I believe that with the symptoms I'm having it might also be the control board.

Any way to remove either of these from the equation?

Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия