electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sanyo CE32WN6F-C-01, chassis series EB7-A32, flashing lite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CM08

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Sanyo CE32WN6F-C-01, chassis series EB7-A32, flashing lite Reply with quote

they just don't make them like they used to. I have a 2 year and 2 weeks old sanyo CE32WN6F-C TV, chassis series EB7-A32. Left for vacation everything worked fine. I even went to the effort of unpluging TV. Upon return plugged TV in, turned main power switch on, all looked normal as the power lite came on. As soon as I tried turning the TV on using the remote, I heard the usual TV tube noise and then nothing. All I get is a blinking lite and a constant low tic, tic, tic from inside. Try turning on again using the remote, the flashing lite turns off as the TV seems to try and power up and again nothing but the flashing lite and the ticking noise. Turning TV off completely using the main power switch and then back on just repeats the pattern.

Looked for obvious signs of burnt caps or resistors but all seems normal. Also tried resoldering some joints and checking some resitances based on comments from this site related to similar models and reported problems, but I cannot be sure that the resistor numbers I checked are the correct ones. No change. Any help would be appreciated along with service manuals for this model if possible. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a classic example of electrolytic capacitor failure. Try checking/replacing all of the filter capacitors and replacing all of the electrolytics in the powersupply. Maybe they used only 85 degree capacitors like they used to? If you are lucky and have not done more damage by poor voltage regulation this may be all you need.

Let us know of your outcome.
cm08

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. I looked at the electrolytic caps again and only one seems to have some minor distortion (bubbling) on the head. It is a 200V 220uf and it is an 85 deg cap. The number of the cap on the board is C642. Unfortunately I am not an expert in electronics and am limited to part replacement and tests. I do no really know if this particular cap, if defective, could cause the problem so I will likely replace it. What temp ratings are being used now?

Any added comments or help will be appreciated. Does anyone have a schematic and service manual? I would like to order replacement caps but many others are more difficult to read and it would help. A trip to the electronics store is in order.

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия