electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
im looking for a cts potentiometer.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3s0n3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: im looking for a cts potentiometer..... Reply with quote

its a cts potentiometer model 288s0161 . anyone know where i can get this part?
csband

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Cts Pot Reply with quote

I had the same question. I was told the part is called a Encoder it looks just like a pot. Mine was in a Dod FX7 guitar effects pedal.
Anyway the closest thing I could find was located at a CTS dealer at Digikey.com. They handle the cts encoders.
They have a 288 series but the 288s0161 is not listed and may have been made for a specific companys product.
I most likely will end up buying Digikey's part#CT3002 it is a CTS encoder model 288t232r161a2
It has 16 dentents per rotation and appears that it will mount ok. The only thing is I may have to modify My knob to fit the shaft.
Hope this helps. Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An encoder is a switch, a pot is a resistor.......

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im also looking for that part for my dod fx you should look for it at an electronics store thats what im going to do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия