electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony XBR TV - 5 blinking lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddwallace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Sony XBR TV - 5 blinking lights Reply with quote

I have a Sony XBR 57" Digital TV and the screen blacks out every few minutes. The timer light is blinking in sequences of 5.
claudem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: sony blinks see url Reply with quote

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyBlink.html
carcus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my experiance of FIVE Blinks---AKB circuit (AKB) it is more often than not that the CRT is at fault .... especialy so the way you have described the symptoms .........
by all means check the video circuit on the CRT base Printed Circuit Board and check any high value resistors there too especialy ... i have know the resistors on the G2 / Screen go high or open circuit on the odd ocasion ..... i'll check any service notes i may have for that chassis just in case there is anything else worth checking or worth knowing about and if so ill add any info later ..... ... on most Sony's with a faulty CRT, at the time while there is no picture push the teletext button on the remote control ..... if you get teletext ok but when you go back to normal picture it goes again this is also a good indicator of CRT faulty ... well rule of thumb in any case ... best of luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия