electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TV Toshiba 32WD98B C9SS Picture Fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue_cortina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: TV Toshiba 32WD98B C9SS Picture Fault Reply with quote

Hi

I've got a strange picture problem with my 6yr old Tosh Sad . It's been fine (excellent picture) up until last week when for no apparent reason the picture appeared scrambled. See pics at...

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/blue_cortina

The corrupt picture appears for TV Tuner i/p and for any AV inputs. TText is fine though. A Mix TText and Video shows TText OK and Video Picture corrupt.

There looks like 6 distinct vertical bands and a lot of strange digital picture effects. Hard to describe - hence the link to picts.

I've tried to find circuits on the web but to no avail. I've taken the back off to get to the circuit boards to start to work out which boards perform which function. My gut feeling is it's in the video proc chain after all AV/Tv tuner is mixed/switched and before TText is added, perhaps the Digi Comb area. I'm hoping to find a dry joint - but perhaps I'm asking for too much luck.

I'd much appreciate it if anybody could take the time to look at the pics and make some educated suggestions, or, if anybody knows anything about this chassis - or has any circuits all the better....At the moment I'm scrabbling around in the dark with little information...

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Regards
Blue Cortina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would check for cold solders on grounds and connections , and the eeprom.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a bad hyper board/scan converter.
carcus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i would tend to agree with minnie on this one and say looks like a faulty scan converter module .... the module is usualy marked with the prefix MSFxxxx from memory ..... i'll check my service manual later for any notes i may have and the full module number ......

i must say though from memory im sure this type of fault is very unusual for this model ..... unless my memory is failing Smile

the last time i had a fault like that on this model it had a cracked main signal board where the set had been dropped ........

i'll try and get back later today with any more info i can find on this model

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, almost forgot .... check the board with the scart sockets on is plugged fully into the main signal board .... i have seen some different and weird fault symtoms when this has been pushed hard or set dropped and has become partly un-plugged .....
i'll try to loggin later today again with anymore info

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks to those who have replied...

I'm sure that the TV has not been dropped - it had not been off it's stand from when it was new to when the fault delveoped.

I did take off the Scart module (3 connectors at base) and then plug it back in but no change to the picture.

I was going to try and put some kind of test signals into the TV to see If I can get clues from the pictures the test signal gives.

Are there any built in tests or even tes signals ??

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия