electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
pioneer receiver help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erokk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: pioneer receiver help please Reply with quote

hey everyone. first post here. of course, it is a problem Laughing

i have an older vsx502 home theater receiver. i recently had a party and hooked up my dj mixer to the receiver because i was in a pinch for an amp. well, about 3 hours into the party, with the receiver pushing about halfway, it just shut off. all i get now is the standby light on, but no display.

i opened it up, checked the fuses i could locate (all but FU2) and they were good. anyone have any ideas? could it be the transformer?

any help would be greatly appreciated. i can't watch one more movie without my surround sound.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like something has blown, If you had the mixer volume higher than the amp then this is definitely the case, there might be a overload switch, which is normally white it can either be reset or replaced. Hope this helps in anyway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i beleive something blew,i just want to find out what so i can try and replace it. i will check for an overload switch inside the receiver, but i don't think there is one.

thank you.

does anyone have any other possibilities?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you hear a click about two seconds after turning it on?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the board their might be a dry solder joint. ste

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i hear a click.

i just got a duplicate receiver off ebay today. there are 2 clicks when i turn on the working unit. they seem to be coming from small black boxes, one near the power cord comes in, the other on the front board.. the broken unit only has a click from the black box near the power supply..

i have a strong suspicion it is the bando transformer. there is a small amount of orange-ish residue around the broken unit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see it being the transformer because it wouldn't come on at all, it has got to be something around that area though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked the voltage, and i have 125v going in to the transformer, and nothing coming out which leads me to beleive that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия