electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon volume control problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr pig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Denon volume control problem Reply with quote

Hi there, my first post.

My son has a Denon UDM3 mini system which has two faults. The CD mech is out to lunch, found a fix for that here, and the volume control knob is eratic.

It is a digital-type volume knob which works ok going up but jerks about turning the volume down. Do any of you know what type of control is fitted to this unit and whether it's repairable?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Mr Pig.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The control is called a rotary encoder . It is common to notice eratic opertaion & it is normally caused by internal contact tarnish. It can be repaired by taking it apart &cleaned/lubed IF you are familiar in doing it. Otherwise replacing it would be the only other option.

I believe the part number for the encoder is 9LFH00111
scrappy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I open the rotary encoder, clean good with residue 0 lubricant , put him together again and he goes perfect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guys, thank you very much :0)

I'll give that a go when I look at the mech fuse.

Thanks again,
Colin/Mr Pig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the fix for the CD mechanism. I also have a problem with the CD in a Denon UD-M3 which my son gave me. The CD drawer doesn't open when the "open" button is pressed.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия