electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Tripplite 750 watt UPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pensacol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Tripplite 750 watt UPS Reply with quote

I was given a Tripplite 750 watt UPS backup. I purchased a new 26AH battery for it. The problem I am having is when it is on line power it outputs 120 volts, but when it switches to battery is outputs 160 volts. I know this isn't right, but cannot find out why it is doing this. Maybe a bad diode?
rashideng

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: ups Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

please mail me circuit diagram 5000w ups online.

Thanks
torbjorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tripplite 750 watt UPS Reply with quote

pensacol wrote:
I was given a Tripplite 750 watt UPS backup. I purchased a new 26AH battery for it. The problem I am having is when it is on line power it outputs 120 volts, but when it switches to battery is outputs 160 volts. I know this isn't right, but cannot find out why it is doing this. Maybe a bad diode?

A cheap UPS usually does not deliver a sine wave output, instead it uses a square wave or staircase wave. A simple multimeter can not measure AC voltages with such waveforms correctly, instead you should use an oscilloscope and make sure that the peak-to-peak value of the output voltage is within ± 20 % of the desired value (339 V p-p for a 120 V rms mains voltage).

Remember that if the UPS supplies a square wave, then you should ONLY use it for switch-mode power supplies (like PC computers, reasonably modern monitors etc). You should NOT connect a power supply with a conventional mains transformer (small wall plug adapters etc) to it, as the square wave will cause saturation and overheating of the transformer core.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия