electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
KDS VS-21 Monitor Schematic .. or some help with OV circuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: KDS VS-21 Monitor Schematic .. or some help with OV circuit Reply with quote

My KDS 21" monitor is actually the kiosk version of the VS-21. No difference as far as I know. It comes in a metal box and has no external controls for normal user. The buttons are recessed under the metal case and can be pushed with a 5" long 1/4" diameter stick.

The unit began to operate as if it was going into over voltage shutdown.

That is it would shutoff for a moment, about 100ms, then come back on.

For about 2 months I waited.. it worked most of the time.
Then one day it came on and promptly went off.

Even with no input signal this happens. So in my ignorance I think that
still the potentiometer for the HVoltage might be able to be turned down
a little and I might get my baby back.

The controls for all features are digital and the unit shuts down (reacts) too fast for me to do anything. But if there's an analog pot inside maybe it can be turned down before the bad boy acts up.

It's my only idea based on limited knowlege.

I have not found a schematic. And I don't know if I want to 'fix' it anyway.

If I could adjust something and find it works until it dies again I'd be happy enough. As it is I have 90lbs of dead metal and glass.

Any ideas? It IS a nice unit.. really. Nice and warm in the Winter.

Andre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия