electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 3377DB TV colour problem, please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shekharmahmud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Toshiba 3377DB TV colour problem, please help Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba TV model no 3377DB. It has problem with the color. Everything else is working. The corners of the screen has blue color and middle to upper screen has red colour. I have opened the TV circuit but no idea which parts could be damaged. Could anyone help please.

Thanks
sparky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Toshiba 3377DB TV colour problem, please help Reply with quote

Do you leave the Television in standbye or use the switch when turning off?
The symptoms suggest the tube has been magnetised but turn off at the switch or plug and allow to cool for an hour or leave overnight and remove any nearbye magnetic sources such as speakers (other than the sets speakers of course). When power is reapplied the picture should be back to normal. If the picture is the same then a degausing thermistor may be required. The set can also be demagnetised with a demagnetising wand but this would likely be a temporary cure.
Try this first before proceeding.
shekharmahmud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 3377DB TV tuning problem, please help Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind reply. I have tried the method and color problem is solved Very Happy .
Now new problem arise Confused . When I brought from the owner's place. the tv was tuned for their sattelite chanells. In my house I have tried to use my normal antenna and it could not find any picture. I haven't got a remote with this tv. But I had an old toshiba remote model CT-9476, which can change channels, sound, i can even enter service mode but I don't know how to tune the tv for searching channels. Could any one help with the operation manual or tuning procedure please? One more thing by mistake I went to service mode and changed some data is there any way to make it to default mode?

Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to do that by entering the customer menu.
shekharmahmud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I found the old setup channels but now all the pictures are red. Other colors are ok apart from red. It seems that the black color if replaced by red. Too much red color on the picture. Even the clannels which are not tuned for any picture, they are full of red. I was trying to make the color to 0 position, but steel makes no difference. Could any one help me what is this could be? Is it a problem with the setting in desigm mode? Or it could be with any thing ealse?

Many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия