electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
technics SA-TX30
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigchainring

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: technics SA-TX30 Reply with quote

Happy new years!

I have a Technics SA-TX30 receiver that I've owned without problems for about seven years.
A few weeks ago, it has started this weird thing of working just fine for the first 20-30 minutes, then all sound output stops. when I try to turn it up, I hear what sounds like static and crackling coming out of the speakers.

The receiver does not turn off(light does not go off), the sound just stops coming out of the speakers.
The speakers are about the same age and I've never had problems with them either.

I've tried jiggling the speaker cables, unplugging it for a couple of hours.
I've done a little research on the internet and found one site that said it could be circuit board flex--that happens after the heating and cooling process of the on again off again I put my equipment through.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
thanks.
matt
reedysimon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

have the same problem as you, have you had it fixed yet?

simon
Cerberos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever find what the problem was?

My SA-TX30 has just developed the same fault.
Cerberos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Found a service bulletin Reply with quote

SYMPTOM;
The DSP fails to operate properly. Unusual noise is made or no sound is heard.

Mine falls into the no sound at all from any channel; front , rear or sub. Just audio output but everything else appears OK

CAUSE;
Uneven performance of IC1113 used used to generate the master clocks combined with rise in temperature of the set have jointly reduced the amplitude of the clock signals supplied to the DSP. Must not be lower than 2 Volts peak to peak.

REMEDY;
Capacitors are changed so that clock signals are supplied at a satisfactory level.

C1178, C1179, C1220 all changed to 39pF.

I've not tried this yet but the symptoms sound right for what I am experiencing. I found the info on a service bulletin a friend gave me. Lets hope it works.
Gravityboots

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Heat is the enemy Reply with quote

Guys, here's what I read: 7 years, heat, failure.

You should be focusing your attention to the solder joints first and foremost. Look for ring cracks forming on the joints. Solder expands when cold and contracts when hot, a ring crack causes circuit feeds to fail.

Most of my audio failures are caused by this. Good luck!
Oxjockey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Found a service bulletin Reply with quote

Cerberos wrote:
SYMPTOM;
The DSP fails to operate properly. Unusual noise is made or no sound is heard.

Mine falls into the no sound at all from any channel; front , rear or sub. Just audio output but everything else appears OK

CAUSE;
Uneven performance of IC1113 used used to generate the master clocks combined with rise in temperature of the set have jointly reduced the amplitude of the clock signals supplied to the DSP. Must not be lower than 2 Volts peak to peak.

REMEDY;
Capacitors are changed so that clock signals are supplied at a satisfactory level.

C1178, C1179, C1220 all changed to 39pF.

I've not tried this yet but the symptoms sound right for what I am experiencing. I found the info on a service bulletin a friend gave me. Lets hope it works.

Do you have a schematic? I have the same problem, but haven't found the capacitors, yet. I'd really like to get the unit fixed, rather than buying a new one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSP board is behind the front panel on the left hand side.

Part numbers are printed on the silk screen. Look for the crystal, the capacitors are around that area of the board.
Kantarou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Temporary fix Reply with quote

Summer just started and my unit is beginning to behave just like that. To temporarily fix the problem (just until my exams are over and I get the time to try and implode the amp by screwing something up) I placed another cooling fan on the top cover. The unit's main fan kicks in only at high volumes and is useless otherwise. So far my fix works quite well.

I will surely post the result of my repairs here and since it's very difficult to find any info about tx-30 related problems on the net I sure hope that you will do so aswell Smile
reedysimon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: satx 30 crackle problem Reply with quote

hi has anyone managed to fix the crackle and sound cutting off problem mines still the same and would love to get it up and running again
tane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: problem Reply with quote

I got home THX control receiver Technics SA-TX30 and got one problem. Don't come signal to subwoofer and on display is calling signal Subwoofer Off. Please for help.Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия