electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
FIRMWARE FOR SONY RDR-GX7-DVD RECORDER FOR UK/EUROPE PAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: FIRMWARE FOR SONY RDR-GX7-DVD RECORDER FOR UK/EUROPE PAL Reply with quote

A very Happy and Prosperous New Year to ALL!!!

It did not started very happy for me..!..Sad

I tried and installed to my working Sony RDR-GX7 DVD Recorder a new firmware Ver.1.30 and it deleted the previous Ver.1.82, which was absolutely fine..

I did it exactly the right way( I am OK with technology), it said on the TV screen: ..smthg like "SYBIKO or smthg software name .., Do you wish to change from the Old Ver. 1.82 to the New Ver.1.30 ? Yes/No ..."

I did Yes, although I had a reservations, which later proved to be right, that Ver. 1.82 must be newer than Ver.1.30, but was not sure,I did "updated" to the Ver.1.30.

But now the RDR-FX7 stopped accepting original PAL discs ( I live in the UK ) ( says" Disc Error"..), accepts only NTSC discs ( I can see only on the GX-7's unit front display, that DVD plays..)
But also, there is no signal to the TV screen in Both cases !?...

Also, it disabled most of the Remote's buttons, incl. the one on the right-middle (DVD/TV) which normally switches so you can see the TV programs thru the GX-7 ( the aerial is plugged in the GX-7).

In short, my GX-7 stopped working.

It seems that, this Ver. 1.30 is absolutely unsuitable and rendered my GX-7 unit faulty.

Please, Help!

One solution, I see is to revert back to the original Ver. 1.82 .
May be this is best for GX-7 for UK and Europe ??

Please, do help me to find the file containing the Firmware for DVD Recorder Sony RDR-GX7, Ver 1.82 and/or higher version.

(My main problem before, and that's why I needed an upgrade, was it did not accepted DVD-RW discs Ver.1.2, and in the shops it is difficult to find the older DVD-RW Ver. 1.0 or 1.1)

I just hope that, you will help me and find the Ver.1.82 or higher for Sony RDR-GX7 for UK and send it to me ASAP !!!

Please, Help!!!

Thank you very much for your help !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия