electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
16x2 LCD modulde

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pds

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: 16x2 LCD modulde Reply with quote

Hello to all!

I am a curious in electronics and dont know very much about electronics. I own a Yamaha DTXplorer Electronic Drum Kit wich have a 16x2 character LCD.

Acidentaly, when I was playing I hit the LCD and got broken... Sad

I opened it and found out that its a CLOVER DISPLAY, model CV4162B. It specifications can be found in http://www.tenrod.com.au/pdf/clover/4162b.pdf. After some research I bought a similar lcd module, an HD44780 16x2 characters LCD module Blue backlight from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220060752374&rd=1&rd=1)

I thought it would work, but it didn't Sad. It has some problems, first the backlight doesn't work, and then weird characters apear in the lcd module.

I have notest that the pins that power the backlight (14 and 15) are in the oposite order, wich explains why the backlight doesn't work.

Can you tell me why weird charaters apear in lcd module? Are this lcd modules compatibles(besides pin 14 and 15)?

Can someone tell me where to get a compatible lcd kit so I can have my drum kit with a lcd module working?

Thank you all!
pds
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order parts by phone: (714) 522-9000, Please call Monday – Friday, between between 7:30am – 5:00pm PST/PDT press 1 and press 1 for Electronic Parts. Sorry, USA customer ONLY. Please verify your part when you order to prevent a re-stocking charge.
* Order parts by FAX: (714) 522-9501
* Order parts by email: [email protected]
pds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Do they sell parts via email to any place in the world? Do they sell the parts to private people that dont have a company or store?

Thank you.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is off a consumer web site, so I guess the answer is yes. Email the link and ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия