electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer VSX 55txi subwoofer thump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i8asloth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Pioneer VSX 55txi subwoofer thump Reply with quote

Lately when i turn on my receiver and also when i change the audio source on it i get a thump out of my subwoofer. Pioneers suggestion was that it may be a bad sub pre out and i would have to take it into t a repair shop...this unit is no longer under warranty and the repair shop wants 50 bucks just to look at it...Any ideas on what the problem might be
thanks
JGrimaldi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, check your cables and connections. If they're all OK, open it up and take a peek. Look for anything that looks loose or burnt, or any loose objects. Other than that, can't tell anything without make/model.
JGrimaldi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, see if it still thumps if you turn the gain all the way down before powering off. If not, the problem is not in the Sub, it's behind it somewhere. Probably in the amp.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the amp volume down when you turn it on or change the source
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия