electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung portable TV (CI-3312) - no sound on UHF input

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jools

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Samsung portable TV (CI-3312) - no sound on UHF input Reply with quote

I have a little Samsung portable (model = CI-3312Z / SN 19433DAA401282) which was fine until after my daughter used it watch a DVD on via DVD player recently.

Since then it has the following fault:-

When using UHF input it has (correct) sound for the first second or so which then disappears and you are left with the (perfectly good) picture only.

However when using the scart input it has picture & sound ok.

As it looked like simple problem and the picture is good (as is the sound when it’s there !) I hoped I might be able to find a simple fix.

I’m not an electronics expert but a mechanical engineer who knows the difference between a diode and a resistor. I had a quick go at de-fluffing it and re-soldering any joints that looked bad on the main board but it was just the same afterwards.

Any help appreciated !

Many thanks

Jools
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sound except thro' SCART IC601 CD4066BCN sw chip faulty
http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/television/tvs/samsungprt1.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie,

many thanks - chip is on order.

the legs of the R51 resistor look blackened so I guess I should replace it as a matter of course. Only problem is the colour code is almost impossible to read - It measures out at 250 ohms but I think the code (red / white / yellow indicates it should be 290K - any chance someone can tell me what it should be from the schematic.

Ta

Jools
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия