electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC JVC AV 48WP55 - Ticking noise in the back of the TV
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: JVC JVC AV 48WP55 - Ticking noise in the back of the TV Reply with quote

I was watching a movie when suddendly I heard a "pop" in the back of the TV (JVC AV 48WP55 ). I tried to reset the system by unplugging it for a couple of hours, but when I plugged it back in, I heard nothing but a ticking sound in the back of the TV. Does anyone have a service manual or reccomendations as to what this problem is?

-Charles
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the model where the TDA6111Q fries on the crt board. IC1001, IC2001 and IC 3001 on the respective board. There's a 4 pin wire that goes from the rear of the set to I believe the green crt board and jumps to the red and blue crt boards. Yellow and ? I don't remember. Unplug the 4 pin wire, set should stay on. Pull the jumper to the red, or blue. That will test the green. Your trying to isolate which IC fried. Just removing the crt board won't isolate the 200v line. If you don't understand what I'm saying, call for service. It's a rather easy repair if you can solder and unsolder.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some experience with electronics. Being that I am a student, can I do this myself? Will a service manual tell me what to buy and the steps necessary to take?

Thanks, Charles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: JVC JVC AV 48WP55 - Ticking noise in the back of the TV Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I was watching a movie when suddendly I heard a "pop" in the back of the TV (JVC AV 48WP55 ). I tried to reset the system by unplugging it for a couple of hours, but when I plugged it back in, I heard nothing but a ticking sound in the back of the TV. Does anyone have a service manual or reccomendations as to what this problem is?

-Charles

The problem may due to the failure of H output transistor

or the EHT
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isolate it first. Make sure it is one of the tda's. Pull the 4 pin wire and see if the set stays up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The set won't even turn on! I plug it in and all I hear is the ticking sound. Where is this CRT board? Aren't there three of them? Does anyone have a service manual that I can download? BTW, I mean no disrespect to TV repairmen, but this day and age they charge more by the hour than the guys who are custom redesigning my father's EVO MR intercooler. I knew I should have been an engineering major... Its because of this that I am trying to tackle this probelm myself. In any case, thanks again for the help guys. Anymore input would great.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey minnie, I did what you said. I eventually found the CRT boards (the color board was written on the chip its self). I tried every combination immaginable. The television still doesn't turn on! How screwed am I or what... I'm not going to give up on it though. What should I do next?
nlouks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say it won't switch on. Do you have a red light or anything lit up on the front?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its actually a green light (you guys are techs, so I thought I would be as specific as possible). Anyhow, when I run the above tests, its seems that the system will continuously restart its self when the green crt board is not hooked up. However, when the green crt board is hooked up, it will only cycle through the reset phase once, and the green light will turn its self off. None of the projectors fire up when I run the tests either...
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't pull the whole board off. You need to disconnect connector CN3GBN on the green crt board or CN00A the 4 pin at the rear of the set. If you pull CN00A that disconnects all three. CN00A is the plug that goes from the power supply that feeds the 215 volt to the TDA6111Q's on the green crt board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия