electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TV will not power on! Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: TV will not power on! Help! Reply with quote

I have this GE 52GW945 TV and it will not turn on. I opened up the back and realized that a fuse is blown. I replaced the fuse, and it blew again. Any idea what would be causing this? Any help is appreciated.
yoz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have you looked at the circuit board under the fuse, there might be a dry joint somewhere, so hopefully just needs resoldering.

Hope this helps
gilloz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: TV will not power up Reply with quote

Take a look at your low voltage power supply. If it has a Bridge Rectifier unit or diodes, check if all 4 diodes are intact (not shorted). Also check the big filter electrolytic capacitors in that circuit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: TV will not power up Reply with quote

gilloz wrote:
Take a look at your low voltage power supply. If it has a Bridge Rectifier unit or diodes, check if all 4 diodes are intact (not shorted). Also check the big filter electrolytic capacitors in that circuit.

Can you break this down to simpler terms please? (I'm not a big tech guy)
gilloz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: TV will not power up Reply with quote

Well, that won't be an easy thing to do, considering what you asked. With out a layout drawing of the main circuit board of your TV, I won't be able to direct you to the components I mentioned in my last reply. You need to talk to someone in your town that may be familiar with what I asked short of taking your TV to a repair shop. If you don't know what a Diode or Capacitor is, then I really can't help you here on this forum. Maybe somebody better than I can direct you, but it would be difficult without a board layout drawing. Sorry.
jpact

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: RCA-Power Prob.... Reply with quote

Hi I think the problem that youre facing needs a Tech..Its not a loose connection or solder issue..What you have is your Deflection circuit has some components deffective also need to check the power supply...Which area are you at? Im in Nashville If you live closer.If you are in that area just drop off email to [email protected].....
Thank you .......have a bless day...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия