electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio L32 tv power supply problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRED_CAGEDOG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to vizio about my problem and they also said it was probably a power board problem. I puled the back off of it and sure enough, there are about 7 capacitors that look to be bad. The tops on them are puffed up and some of them have crusty stuff coming out. I will make sure to give an update when i get in the part.
Dan the TV man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Refurbished LCD boards Reply with quote

You can buy refurbished LCD boards of all makes at Partstore.
FRED_CAGEDOG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: FINALLY FIXED Reply with quote

I finally got my part ordered for my tv. The swap out was fairly easy and only took a few minutes. I spent more time removing and replacing screws to get to the board than i did actually changing the board out. After all was done, my tv fired up like new, no problems so far. Last winter my tv would have red dots all over the screen when it was cold. I am hoping that the power board was also the cuase of that. I will be sure to give an update later on. I was very pleased with the help vizio gave me considering that my tv was no longer under warrenty, and I was going to the work myself. I just hope this new board lasts better than 2 years. Razz
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have over 2000 TV service manuals, and about 30 Vizio manuals. I sell far more of the Vizio manuals than all the other brands combined.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: vizio 32l Reply with quote

For all of you that have the problem with no power you can send me your power supply boards and your main board to be repaired both would be a cost of $160.00 plus $10.00 Shipping
I have had a 99% success on these repairs.
and give you a 90day warranty more warranty than that of new ones (30) Days on new
Smile
Lucho0911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: power board fuse Reply with quote

You can get it from Digikey.com
Part # WK3062BK-ND
FUSE FAST-ACT 4.00A 250V UL TR5
SCHED B: 853610 ECCN: EAR99
LEAD: LEAD FREE ROHS: ROHS COMP
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRED_CAGEDOG wrote:
Talked to vizio about my problem and they also said it was probably a power board problem. I puled the back off of it and sure enough, there are about 7 capacitors that look to be bad. The tops on them are puffed up and some of them have crusty stuff coming out. I will make sure to give an update when i get in the part.

Do you have the values and location?
joester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person with a blinking amber LED?

Should I concentrate on the power supply or the main board?

Thx.

Joe
joester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: L32HDTV10A Reply with quote

Don G. wrote:
I have a Vizio L32HDYV10A with a bad power board. Does anyone know what IC901 is? Mine is burnt so much I cannot read the chip to find a replacement.

This might be a bit late, but mine had a burnt IC901 as well. When I removed the heatsink, the top of the IC came off with it. I was able to remove it without damaging the remains of an Infineon ICE3B1565.

Replacing it didn't restore power, but I get a blinking amber LED now, so I suppose I'm one step closer...

...now I need to know what a blinking amber LED means...

Joe
robo_geek2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vizio L32 Power supply Reply with quote

Alex30093 wrote:
I don't really play with capacitors but I do try to fix some electronics, mostly computers. I have the Vizio L32 with the dead power. I opened it up and removed the power board cover and I can see a spot where it has a burn mark as if the screen shorted out something with three prongs.

Can these boards be refurbished? I saw one for 85 including a core charge vancebaldwin.com. I am not in a huge hurry but it would be cool to have fixed. Alex30093_at_yahoo_com

thx
-Alex

If a part burned, it there may be multiple failed components, so swapping the board may be the best bet.

A VERY common failure on LCD TV power supplies are the filter capacitors that dry-up, bulge, pop and leak (also common on PC motherboards).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия