electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio L32 tv power supply problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Vizio L32 Power supply Reply with quote

Many capacitors were made with a sub-standard electrolyte. This was not discovered until several years worth of produced components had flooded the market. What actually happens is that the electrolyte degrades and produces small amounts of hydrogen gas.
As pressure builds, one of two things happens...
1 The oil is forced out the bottom around the leads, and the capacitor fails.
2 The pressure is held, and the capacitor deforms with either bulged sides or a rounded top until it either splits and leaks, or a small split bleeds off some pressure and the electrolyte boils out until the capacitor fails.

If you're lucky and find the capacitors just bulged or leaking, you can just replace them for a few dollars and life goes on. If one blows, it usually takes out other components in the circuit due to the surge in voltage as the cap fails.

Joe
aparnell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the values of resistors R912 &913 on the power board? I am working on a L32HDTV10A. IC901 burned and I can't see the value to check them. Thanks.
joester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put mine back together. I chased the troublesome power supply far enough, and didn't want to spend more money replacing parts and pieces. Unless you have a wide variety of parts laying around, you'll end up paying more than replacing the supply would cost.

I caved in, and patched in a couple industrial power supplies I had laying around to provide the 5, 12, and 24 volts to run the TV.

In hind-sight, I would pay the $82 for a replacement through Vizio to just replace the power supply. In fact, I might order one to free up my 5/24 volt power supply.

For the record, the following supplies are acceptable replacements and are electrically equal:
0500-0502-0100
0500-0502-0101
0500-0502-0102
0500-0502-0103
0500-0507-0180
0500-0507-0181

LINK to the $82 supply

Joe
skumpe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine had this TV, and several months ago started misbehaving. The amber status light would come on, but would not go green and the TV would not turn on. He gave it to me and after a few days of searching I found a fix. This problem is a microswitch that goes bad, and you can just replace it with a resistor. I did this and have been using the TV in my bedroom without any issues for several months now.

I don't remember the exact location of the switch or the resistor to replace it with, but I do remember the switch was located right next to a button on the circuit board that was not accessible with the cover on, I think it was on the main board. Wish I could remember more, but maybe it is enough to help someone out.
Jmccustoms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: l32hdtv10a no picture Reply with quote

ok, I have the l32hdtv10a and replaced power supply and green/yellow light comes on and off but no picture, what can i check to see if its the backlight board? Im getting 23 volts to backlight board and through the fuses but im sure there is a command circuit or wire to tell the backlight board to come on, there is three wires with the 4red and 4 black wire plug. can anyone tell me how to check and see if that circuit is telling it to come on or not? if its this board i can get it to work for another 60 bucks but dont want to buy it and it not be it, any help would be greatly appreciated...........
train123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shine a flashlight or other strong light on the front of the screen, you should see movement or some sign of the picture on the screen. This will tell you that the video display circuit is working okay and that your problem is just the back light. Once you've determined this, you have a better chance on isolating the problem.
Matt92308

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: VIZIO POWER SUPPLY dps-199apa PROBLEM Reply with quote

Joester,... did it fix your problem and is it still working ? Yes guys,... I have the same problem. I wonder if one of these other power supply boards would be an upgrade over a stock board ?
jdub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah joester, did it work? I have a blinking amber led. It will flash green, but then it goes back to blinking amber. Should I order a power supply?
sharpshooter33

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vizio L32 tv power supply problem Reply with quote

yeomp wrote:
I just opened up a Vizio L32 LCD tv to fix the power supply. The fuse was blown and so I replaced it. Now, I get a 5.1v output of v1 but v2 and v3 are both dead. Also it looks like the heat-sink is hot, it is reading the same 5.1 volts from output ground.

Debugging this has been a pain, anyone else have any insight?

Hey I'm working on repairing a power board for a L32 also. Where can I get the fuse to replace the one that is blown.

Tried Ratshack and didn't find the match at Digikey. Where do you get parts?
jotvguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: l32 HDTV10A Reply with quote

I also had an l32 in for service. I checked all the electrolytics first, all were found to be within 10% of tolerance using Sencore Z-meter/cap checker. Have in the past had the same issues with another simular tv. Problem was on the digital main pc board "the one with the A/V connectors on it. Ordered replacement part from Vizparts.com and made payment with paypal. This part was within reason for price. Make sure you have the serial # for the tv as this makes a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия