electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 34PT9420/69R - 1080i resolution issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sik1977

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Philips 34PT9420/69R - 1080i resolution issues Reply with quote

Hello everyone. This is my first post on these forums. I have looked around for similar topics before posting my issues, but couldn’t find anything close to what I am experiencing. I'll detail everything below:

I have a Philips (CRT) TV 34PT9420/69R. It has Pixel Plus, can do 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p and 1080i. http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=34PT9420/69R&slg=ENG&grp=TV_GR&cat=TV_CONVENTIONAL_CA&sct=TV_EXTRA_LARGE_GT29_SU

Here is a list of inputs:

AV1 – component @ 480i
AV2 - component & SVideo @ 480i
AV3 - component & RGB @ 480p/576p and 1080i
AV4 - component @ 480p/576p and 1080i
Side - AV, Svideo

I recently bought a NEODIGITS HELIOS H4000 HD Upscaling DVD Player. http://www.neodigits.com/new/body/products/h4000/h4000.asp

The DVD player is capable of upscaling over component up to 1080p (no restrictions whatsoever). The DVD player is fine, and upscales the DVD signal to anything I set it to.

I have connected the DVD player to the TV using AV4 (also tried AV3). The problem I am facing is that whenever I switch the resolution to 1080i, the picture becomes condensed from the sides and top and also has a bit of a inside-out effect on the sides (not top or bottom). It’s a bit like when we change resolution of a standard CRT monitor, or even a refresh rate on a CRT monitor, which usually requires one to adjust the horizontal and vertical edges of the image. Unfortunately, the TV does not have any such facility to adjust the horizontal and vertical edges of the picture. I have been told that it’s possible but one requires some code to enter the menu which may allow such adjustment.

The picture is just fine using 480p or 576p on both AV3 and AV4. I have tried both component and RGB cables as the DVD player allows upscaling up to 1080i on RGB as well. The problem was exactly the same with RGB on AV3 as it was with component on AV3 and AV4. Moreover, even without the DVD player attached, the TV’s blue screen if left set on 1080i displays the same condensed/distorted image.

Please help. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ