electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba TP55H60 red blinking power LED, need advice on fix
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centralmarc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Toshiba TP55H60 red blinking power LED, need advice on fix Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba TP55H60 television that I need some assisstance in helping to diagnose the problem and possible repair solution.

This television was last working in November of 2008 when it was working intermittantly. Sometimes when trying to power on, the red LED would blink red. I would then unplug the unit from the wall, wait for about 30 mins, plug back in and everything was great. One day, I decided to plug in my digital camera to the front audio/video inputs to display what was on the camera in real time. It worked for about 5 mins and then the screen shut down, just like if someone were to hit the power button, you could see the image converging towards the center of the screen but it was instantaneous. The plug out, plug in trick didn't work again after that. I should note at this point that I get sound, can change the channels, just no picture. If I turn the set off, I can hear the normal shut down sounds and the light converging to the center of the screen, but no image.

I did some google'ing around the 'Net and found out that this (and almost all rear projection TV's) have problems with the convergence IC's. So I ordered up a couple of replacement convergence IC's (STK392-110's I believe) and replaced them and put new thermal compound (arctic silver 5) on the heat sinks. I'm very good at soldering so I don't think that was the issue. The new IC's didn't make a difference to the operation of the TV.

In some of the other posts that I've check in this forum, I've noticed that other recommendations were to check the fuses (checked with my multi-meter to be OK) and some jumpers. Of the fuses to check on the list was F852 which I don't believe my unit has and jumper 10 (which I can't seem to find). I checked F850 and jumper 50 and they were both good. Where do I go from here?

Marc
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull the over current protect plug and see if the set comes on with out convergence correction.
centralmarc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Pull the over current protect plug and see if the set comes on with out convergence correction.

Ummm... how can I tell which plug is the over current protection plug?
centralmarc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photos of my unit before I took it apart. I use these photo to make sure I know where all the wires go back. Smile

minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top power supply from the back theres a connector on the right side front not shown. It goes from the top board to the bottom. Like 6/8 connector.
centralmarc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi minnie,

Thank you very much for all of your replies. I just wanted to make sure that I'm pulling the correct plug. I took some photos of the top board and labelled them according to the number of pins the plug has. I'm assuming that the one that I want is the "8". Can you please confirm?

In this first photo, the right side of the photo is closest to the back/service cover of the TV. The left side would be deepest into the TV towards the front/screen side.

This photo is just a crop of the plugs from the top power supply of the deepest/back/closest to the screen and slightly to the right. These are the plugs that I believe you are telling me about.

Marc
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the 8 then plug it back in then do the 10.
centralmarc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I pulled the 8 and plugged in the TV and tried to power it on and nothing at all.

I then plugged back in the 8 and unplugged the 10 and plugged in the TV. The TV came on automatically right after connecting to the wall socket and this was the image on the screen.

I then unplugged the TV from the wall, plugged back in 10 and then connect the TV back to wall power. I turned on the TV with the remote and I had sound, but no picture again. Turned it off, then tried to turn back on again and no sound, no picture but the flashing power LED again.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try replacing the vertical IC.
centralmarc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had replaced both of the IC's already but if you think that the verticle IC is gone, then I'll try using one of the old STK392-110's on the verticle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия