electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
"Philips VR 512/02" VCR makes no longplay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: "Philips VR 512/02" VCR makes no longplay. Reply with quote

Please help me.

I just repaired a German Philips VR512/02 hifi video recorder (bought on eBay); it now mechanically works well and everything behaves correct, but it makes no longplay.

It completely ignores pressing the "SP/LP" button (on control panel and remote control) and when I attempt to play a longplay recording, it shows a black screen and sound is distorted (however the "LP" indicator on the display is lit). When I remove the sync head cable, it plays the longplay recording at normal (i.e. twice) speed and then makes a picture (distorted like in search winding mode, but even in colour).

I can only imagine that it is either a software problem that makes the CPU think that the hardware can not do longplay (the button cell looks badly rotten, which may have deleted SRAM contents) or that a reference oscillator for longplay is faulty, which makes the CPU automatically disable that button.

Code:
                        MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I                  CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler                  I
I         (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!)          I
I                                      !                                     I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия