electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA Ctc203ac5 Short
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: RCA Ctc203ac5 Short Reply with quote

Hi Guys I have this RCA F25f422 CTC203ac5,Had A fuse short and The Hot Q14401 and Q1401 the Reg I replaced this components,and still have a short. Checked other components in sup and seem ok.Is there any other components that i should look up?Thanks in advanse
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe bet is solder up t14101, and you could be fighting a bad flyback. But don't forget about resoldering L14401.
cory

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as well as soldering t14401 if the main ac fuse blew check diodes and small transistors in front end power supply.these usually go if main regulator shorts.if still short on q14401 probably short on secondary diode on 135 volt line.
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I replaced Q14103 fixed the short. tv is up and running,the only thing now have a litle bit rolled up vertcal with good pic and color what you thing? the vertical ic maybe bad? before i change it i'd like to know your opinions .
CORY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try resoldering vertical ic first and surrounding area.
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,i went a head and changed the Vert ic. it's not the ic,.Then i started to check around and found out that it has to do with AGC or the tuner. because channel 3 VHF is good.the problem is channel 21 UHF.i have my 33vsup,i think there's a leak some where because when i take out the RF connector and cut off a litle bit of the midle positive coax cable wire. so it inserts in but not touch inside positive side of the tuner, the picture gets great, but the vhf chan 3 gets grainy,.I already used one tuner that i had exra,but the
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i went a head and changed the Vert ic,and is not the ic,.Then i started to check around and found out that it has to do with AGC or the tuner. because channel 3 VHF is good.the problem is channel 21 UHF.i have my 33vsup,i think there's a leak some where because when i take out the RF connector and cut off a litle bit of the midle positive coax cable wire. so it inserts in but not touch inside positive side of the tuner, the picture gets great, but the vhf chan 3 gets grainy,.I already used one tuner that i had exra,but the pic was ok but a bit grainy,then i went back to the previous tuner, that's why i think it has to do with AGC & tuner, but don't know where to start maybe the U12101.what's your advice on this.thanks in advanse.
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help please Minie.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
Help please Minie.

On board tuner or stand up. Don't forget the RCA problem of soldering up the grounds in the tuner. On board type.
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a stand up tuner i already resolder near the RF connetor that had crackes,but no avail, when i get in the service menu there are error codes 1,has 23,2,23,3 24,do you know what it means for this chassis?i heard that one need a chipper checker to adjust tuner setings,agc,and so on ,is this needed in case i change tuner? i replaced also the gemestar with one i had from same modle,but the set didn't start with it, could this fault be related to Gemstar? i also notice that tuner pin 11should be 0v is 250miliamps what you think. Thanks for you help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия