electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
27 inch Zenith with dark picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim37

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: 27 inch Zenith with dark picture Reply with quote

I have a 27 inch Zenith, tube, that's about 7 or 8 years old, several years it wasn't used. Anyways, ever since this tv was new, the picutre was relatively dark, and the brightness control didn't seem to have much affect, only slight. Now the TV is watchable in a dark room, but you almost have to strain your eyes. I've turned up the adjustment on the flyback to almost it's max position to increase the brightness. If you turn it up all the way, it seems like the picture washes out. Anyways, adjusting the flyback didn't seem to make it bright enough to watch. I'm suspecting that the tube is defective. Although, since this was a bit of a problem since day 1 from when the tv was brand new, could there be something else that would casue this?
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If screen doesn't adjust it to a watchable level, I would say yes the tube is bad unless you have a brightness limiter problem. What's the model?
jim37

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

model number is A27B33W

By the way, turning the adjustment on the flyback did make a bit of a difference, but the picture is still to dark to watch in a lighted room.
jim37

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another symptom that i noticed with this tv is that when channels are changed, it seems like the picture bounces or shutters for a few seconds before it stablizes. I'm not sure if that's a separate issue or related. The channel display shutters with the picture...but I did notice that the menu display does not shutter.

I'm still thinking that this TV is going to hit the scrap heep. It's only been used about 3 or 4 years, noticed on the sticker that it was made in 98 and it sat in the box for a few years. So would hate to get rid of it if the problem is something other than the CRT.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия