electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 60PP9202 TV chirping noise when powered up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reynolds1971

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Philips 60PP9202 TV chirping noise when powered up Reply with quote

I have a Philips 60PP9202, Chasis # DPTV305F, I recently changed the convergence I/C's on my 60 inch projection screen HDTV. It has worked great for about 6 months, no problems at all. Here the other day when I walked in the room the screen was blank and I heard a chirping/beeping noise coming from the set, and the front red pwr light is on. I am an electronics tech, but I do not know much about tv's, however I am very familiar with semiconductors and most other electronic components, just not some of the tv parts, so please feel free to speak on a technical level. I unplugged some cables and powered on and off to try to isolate where it was coming from. The chirping is coming from the middle board in the set. However when I unplug the back connection from the convergence board to the middle board, I assume high voltage power board, and power back on the chirping stops. Also when I isolate the convergence board the tubes power up and my screen comes up white, only for a few seconds. I was wondering if the convergence i/c's could have gone out again, could it be the power going to the convergence board. I have checked all fuses resistors and diodes on the middle board and they all seem to be ok. I noticed there are some fets on the high middle board. I noticed another multipin semi conductor in the area of the convergence i/c's. Any help would be appreciated......Have a great day! I'll be spinning in circles until I find something or someone maybe can point me in the right direction My 60" TV had too good of a picture to get rid of, another 60" costs tons of money now....HELP!!!! Thanks in advance for your time.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's chirping, it usually means the convergence ic's. You could have got knock off ic's when you bought them. I'll bump my convergence ic post back.
reynolds1971

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will get the sanyo brand, that is what was in there, they were STK392-120's. I bought my first set on ebay, and they did not have a name on them just the number they looked kind of generic. Is there a reputable place I can order them from, also do you know where I might be able to find schematics for this chassis.....thanks for your help, have a good one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled the convergence board, and upon further investigation, I found two bad resistors located in positions 3159, and 3160. They don't have a resistance value written on them but they do say 1 watt. They other resistors next to them have the same resistor number on them and they are 4 ohms, I would assume that these are the same 4 ohm value. All other resistiors and fuses check out ok. Should I try changing the two resistors and see if it works, or should I change the Convergence I/C's out as well????? I will await your professional opinion....thanks again, and have a good evening.

Richard
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change it all. I don't think sanyo sells 110's.
reynolds1971

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Philips 60PP9202 TV chirping noise when powered up Reply with quote

Got it fixed. Just wanted to say thanks for the help, I couldn't have done it without your advice. I ended up changing the red i/c module, and the resistors and it fixed the multipoint problem I had. I pulled another resistor and they were 7.5 ohm, when I went to purchase them all they had were 8.2 ohm, so I tried them and it seems to be fine, does that little bit matter much? After adjusting the manual convergence and multipoint and saving it, it was fine. I also changed an electrolytic 470uf 200V capacitor on the middle board, it was pretty swollen on top. Anyway thanks again I really appreciate the guideance. Have a good week.

Richard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Philips 60PP9202 TV chirping noise when powered up Reply with quote

reynolds1971 wrote:
Got it fixed. Just wanted to say thanks for the help, I couldn't have done it without your advice. I ended up changing the red i/c module, and the resistors and it fixed the multipoint problem I had. I pulled another resistor and they were 7.5 ohm, when I went to purchase them all they had were 8.2 ohm, so I tried them and it seems to be fine, does that little bit matter much? After adjusting the manual convergence and multipoint and saving it, it was fine. I also changed an electrolytic 470uf 200V capacitor on the middle board, it was pretty swollen on top. Anyway thanks again I really appreciate the guideance. Have a good week.

Richard
Hay this is Joe I have the philips 60pp920217/f that i am working on. do you know by change the board number of the 470 uf cap that you replace.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P12389-ND
reynolds1971 wrote:
electrolytic 470uf 200V capacitor on the middle board

How many caps with that rating could there possibly be on the middle board?
At less that fifty cents ... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия