electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Akai PT 4298HDX/SMS -- dead?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_nukem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Akai PT 4298HDX/SMS -- dead? Reply with quote

No picture, no sound, just a blinking (10 in case you're counting) timer LED. I've done a ton of reading/research...any thoughts if this is convergence related? Any insite/help?
cory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tov test if convergence problem i think this model has separate pcb mounted on chassis. if so unplug red connector on left hand side of convergence pcb(power connector). now try and turn on set. if works replace 2 convergence ics(stk392-040) and check all 3.9 ohm resistors on this board.
dr_nukem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Thank you SO much!!!

I diconnected the red lead as suggested. Now the set powers up, I get the usual audio tone associated with power on, & and get the standard video input diplayed (S-Video 1, etc).

The timer LED still blinks (7 times I think), but I can now bring up the menu. WAY not converging...need 3d glasses to read it.

Any further testing I can do or do I simple replace the entire board and ICS components?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace your convergence ic's, check the resistors around them like Cory said, and check for open pico fuses. I don't remember if there on the right hand side side mount power supply.
dr_nukem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: parts ordered Reply with quote

The actual part (BP41-00045B) is out of stock so I've ordered a replacement part (BP95-00142e) that I found discussed on another forum (http://www.tv-forums.com/forum/TV_Equipment_C4/Projection_TV_Forum_F24/Samsung_42_Convergence_problem_P4569/) from www.partstore.com. Total cost with shipping $93 & change. That was the cheapest I could find (J & J Parts - 800 627 4368 - had it for $96.53 + shipping).

I've also gotten a hold of the service guide and will try to do some more testing before plugging in the new board once it arrives.
Sacred

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: I have the same issue Reply with quote

My AKAI PT4298HD has the same problem. It has been sitting for a year in the corner. I am not able to find anyone who will work on it. Mine went out a month after the warranty was up and AKAI support is worthless. Guess I will just have to throw it away. Let me know if you fix yours DR
dr_nukem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: FIXED!!!!! Reply with quote

GIDDY UP!! :D

The part arrived today (super fast!)...nearly identical to the original with the only exception that I can find being on one of the plugs (2 minor pieces that I simply shaved off with a knife) that prevented it from plugging into the board.

Plugged everything in, turned on the TV, and THERE'S MY PICTURE!!!!! Put it all back together, plugged my surround system in, and ran the Perfect Picture... appears flawless, at least as good as it was before (hard to tell after not watching for a few days).

I was a bit worried when I ran the PF as the progress bar appeared bowed, but this was fixed by the time it got to the white balance (or whatever it's called) at the end.

Thank you very much for your help Cory, while I thought I had diagnosed the problem, your suggestion to unplug the power is what put me to action and verified the fault (somewhere on the board). VERY much appreciated

Total cost, ~8 hours of internet searching, < 1 hour manual labor, & $93 for the part (BP95-00142e). B E A Utiful!!!!!
cory

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to sacred.replace same part number as dr. nukem.easy to replace and cheap.he even gave you part number.
mauibob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: akai plasma tv pd4292 no picture Reply with quote

So, i have had this tv 4 years. went up tonight to watch the news and no pic, only sound. Seems like a power supply problem. I live on Maui and am pretty sure no one here can fix this thing. Suggestions? I am a bicycle mechanic with decent electrical skills.
Sacred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: parts ordered Reply with quote

dr_nukem wrote:

I've also gotten a hold of the service guide and will try to do some more testing before plugging in the new board once it arrives.

Where did you get the service guide?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия