electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
IS THERE A LAW FROM BEING OVERCHARGED FOR PARTS ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOMENICK BASTELLI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: IS THERE A LAW FROM BEING OVERCHARGED FOR PARTS ??? Reply with quote

I would like to know if you purchase a service manual to repair an audio component from the manufacturer of that product , are they required to supply you with the original manufacturers part number for a part (such as an IC) instead of their own part number(which is the only one they have listed on the schematic or parts list ) ? I was charged 400% more for parts that I could have ordered from on line suppliers , had I known the correct part number .Is there a law that governs what they can overcharge for a given part ? Or are they required by law to supply the correct number ?

Thanks
Dom
Code:
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Law that regulates such practices that a lot of manufacturers are doing & can get away with it. It is-- not just consumer electronics. Unfortunately when there is an issue of "inhouse numbered" parts, you are at the mercy of the manufacturer. Car manufacturers do it all the time;
ie; they will sell you a windshield motor at prices inflated many many times of a generic one

In consumer electronics I see it often.... while some are worse than the other & can pretty much sell at whatever price they can get.

Thanks to internet & information highway which can be a useful source
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post where you purchased from, best payback is no one here buys from them again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for both your replies I appreciate your quick response . I quess if this is a practice followed by many in the maufacturing sector , theres not much that can be done about it . It was just the initial shock of of finding the true cost of the ICs, against what I was charged that had me going for a while . To be fair to them though , they were somewhat helpful to me in troubleshooting tips , and looking on the brighter side I did do the repair myself and saved the cost of having it done at a repair facility .......I don't know if it would be fair for me to single this manufacturer out if many are doing the same thing .......Thank you again for your replys.
Dom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]Thanks for both your replies I appreciate your quick response . I quess if this is a practice followed by many in the maufacturing sector , theres not much that can be done about it . It was just the initial shock of of finding the true cost of the ICs, against what I was charged that had me going for a while . To be fair to them though , they were somewhat helpful to me in troubleshooting tips , and looking on the brighter side I did do the repair myself and saved the cost of having it done at a repair facility .......I don't know if it would be fair for me to single this manufacturer out if many are doing the same thing .......Thank you again for your replies .
Dom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for both your replies I appreciate your quick response . I quess if this is a practice followed by many in the maufacturing sector , theres not much that can be done about it . It was just the initial shock of of finding the true cost of the ICs, against what I was charged that had me going for a while . To be fair to them though , they were somewhat helpful to me in troubleshooting tips , and looking on the brighter side I did do the repair myself and saved the cost of having it done at a repair facility .......I don't know if it would be fair for me to single this manufacturer out if many are doing the same thing .......Thank you again for your replies .
Dom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия