electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
mitsubishi wd-73827 television problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucas2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: mitsubishi wd-73827 television problem Reply with quote

Hi, I have a mitsubishi DLP model WD-73827 television. It is almost 2 years old and no longer under warranty. About a week ago it started doing this thing where after running a few minutes, the picture goes black and white, or sometimes kind of pink and green, it also gets real blotchy where the colors seem to bleed together and come on the screen in puddles instead of a nice sharp picture. Once it starts doing this, you can see a line where the screen is devided in half and each half acts independently. The picture also glitches around so you see triples bouncing around the screen. I have taken the back panel off and cannot see any obvious signs of malfunction. I have no real experiance with tv's, but am an appliance repair man by trade and am willing to give it a shot if someone could give me a little guidance. One thing I did notice, is that the small fan on the main power supply is not running, yet all the other fans run full time. Don't know if it is on a thermostat or not, but think I should probly start there. Any help would be apprecated. Thanks in advance, Lucas 2
lucas2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After removing it, it is not the main power supply as I thought, actually I am not sure what it is, part no is RD-5BS16G31r. it sits right above where the power cord comes into the tv on the left hand side. small fan on it does not run. I have noticed that with the back cover off, this tv seems to run a little longer before malfunctioning, so I am wondering if I am on the right track and it is a heat issue???
lucas2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the schematics in the service manuel that I was able to download, I have discovered that it is the AVHDD. I believe that this is the units hard drive. Anyone know if this could be causing my problem, and if the fan on it should be running?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's you color wheel.
lucas2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, from my reading I have come across the possibillity of a color wheel problem, but thought that I should have a whining noise along with it? Where is the color wheel and how should I access it and check it?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your OSD (on screen display) effected also?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I all ready know the answer. #938P019010. $1736.00 Welcome to Mitts. You need the whole light engine they won't sell just the color wheel and to make things worse, you need tech authorization to get one. Long story short, call their customer care number and start bitching up a storm.
lucas2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it starts acting up, yes the on screen display is also affected. I will call customer care and see what happens.
lucas2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called customer care and bitched up a storm. They said if I get a professional diagnosis, they will cover the cost of the parts. Thanks for the great advice!!!!
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the name of person you talked to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия