electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 42" plasma - Chassis LC4.9E AA - need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bozzy2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Philips 42" plasma - Chassis LC4.9E AA - need help Reply with quote

Model: 42PF5320/10

Blows 4A fuse at powerup - no picture - audio ok.

I need servicemanual or schematics

thanks in advice.

Jesper
SDS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Any help? Reply with quote

Sorry but i don't have shematics either.

I have the same model with the same fault, blows 4A fuse on the left plasma supply board.
Short circuit on the +195V, i tracked it down to the hybrid module IC15 under the biggest heatsink.
On this LG hybrid module (YPPD-J014A) that is hell to get off the board the 2 power transistors Q1 and Q4 are shorted, going by the look of the transistors chips and the diodes next to them i'd say they are both N-MOS, i'll try cutting their silver wires and connecting external isolated transistors attached to the original heatsink as the gate drive does not seem to have burnt out.
crackjack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Philips 42" plasma - Chassis LC4.9E AA - need help Reply with quote

bozzy2006 wrote:
Model: 42PF5320/10

Blows 4A fuse at powerup - no picture - audio ok.

I need servicemanual or schematics

thanks in advice.

Jesper

for this kind of problem. the only sure way to repair is to replace the whole module.
crackjack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Any help? Reply with quote

SDS wrote:
Sorry but i don't have shematics either.

I have the same model with the same fault, blows 4A fuse on the left plasma supply board.
Short circuit on the +195V, i tracked it down to the hybrid module IC15 under the biggest heatsink.
On this LG hybrid module (YPPD-J014A) that is hell to get off the board the 2 power transistors Q1 and Q4 are shorted, going by the look of the transistors chips and the diodes next to them i'd say they are both N-MOS, i'll try cutting their silver wires and connecting external isolated transistors attached to the original heatsink as the gate drive does not seem to have burnt out.

yup there is high failure rate on this board called the ysus board. you need to replace the whole board. never tried replacing the IC15. it's better to repair at board level.
blacky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Any help? Reply with quote

yup there is high failure rate on this board called the ysus board. you need to replace the whole board. never tried replacing the IC15. it's better to repair at board level.[/quote]

hi...got the same problem... where to get the whole board.. headache looking in singapore and malaysia.. anybody could help....?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия