electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Contactor coil for 12V DC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abdtk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Contactor coil for 12V DC Reply with quote

Hello all,
I,m looking help for contactor coil which mention 20V/50HZ and 24V/60HZ,i wish to use this coil on 12V DC so how can i modify this to use on 12V DC,Telemecanique contactor Type,CA2-DN 1319-A65,Therefor i applied 12V Dc to contactor but getting too hot,
2. Can any one tell me how can i produce a time delay circuit to work on 12V DC.
Thanks
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I undrestood, but in general, you should use whatever source the relay coil is rated for. Using 12V to operate a relay rated at 20/24V, is not proper & can translate into heat within the coil.(coil wiring acting like a low value resistor) You'd be MUCH better of either increasing your supply or use a 12/14 volt relay for the application.
ProDave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated above, a contactor must be used on the voltage / frequency it is designed for. the coil on a 24V AC contactor is much different to a DC one, and if you use 24V or even 12V DC, the coil will overheat.

Because of the difference, you usually find DC contactors have complicated coils, usually two windings, using both windings to pull in, and one winding to hold once pulled in. Usually they are pre wired using one of the auxilliary contacts for this.

In short, you need to buy a contactor / relay designed for 12V DC. The one you have won't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия