electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need Schematic for a NEC PlasmaSync 4210W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biorytmic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Need Schematic for a NEC PlasmaSync 4210W Reply with quote

Need Schematic for a NEC PlasmaSync 4210W
or service manual
the problem is that. when I turn the power botton on the indicator ligth
start to flash in green and red.
but if I hold the selector botton presed and at some time power upp
all fans in the monitor goes on and the indicator lamp is green for about
30sec then every things powers down and the indicator light start to flashing in green and red color.
are someone there who can get me information why the idicator flasing
betwins green and red collor and no display comes upp?

best regards.
bjain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: 4210W manual Reply with quote

Hi
Did you manage to get hold of a service manual for a NEC 4210w dispaly?. I need a copy if you can help.

Mine has green light on when switched on and the fan can be heard for a few seconds (2 to 3 seconds) then it dies. The display is never there.
Bimal
Dooney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: NEC PlasmaSync 4210W Reply with quote

I guess this is your lucky day, or maybe not. The reason your plasma unit keeps going into protection mode is that on the plasma panel itself there is a row of Data LSI's across the top & bottom. One of these LSI's have blown (Big time) The unit normally detects that the 170v or 70v to the panel has a problem on or around the 30 sec point.

If you strip the product down you will notice some small connectors which feed the 70v supply to the data relay pcb's accross the top & bottom of the panel, if you measure between gnd & the 70v fuse on each of the pcb's on the panel (Left / right hand side) the one on the right is called the scan pcb and the one on the left is called the sustain pcb each will have 2 fuses on. 1 of the fuses if for the 170v the other for the 70v. you will observe a short between one of the 70v fuses and gnd, keep disconnecting the 70v supply connectors normally white in colour until the short disappears you will then know the approx location of the problem. remove the metal strip which conceals the data lsi's and in the location of the short circuit you will find the defect lsi. You can disconnect the faulty lsi from the data relay pcb and the product will work ok except you will not have any display in that section of the screen. The bad news is that no parts are available for this product any longer due to its age.

Hope this information helps.
Dooney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Service Manual / Schematic Reply with quote

By the way, you will be unable to get a service manual or a schematic for this product as they only had a paper copy back when this product was produced and was extremely rare to see. These documents are pretty useless anyway as most faults are easy to find without such a document !
chagtie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: px-42vm2a Reply with quote

well , i have the same problem,,, what has happened is that scan boards have blown ..if you look at them they are the small boards that the ribbons feed to from the screen, I was told replacing the X and Y board must be done with replacing the scan boards ...Is this all true ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия