electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Stanby light flashing goodmans W322 NS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Stanby light flashing goodmans W322 NS Reply with quote

The tv will not power up, the standby led flashes very dimly continuously. Any ideas what the problem is?
kevvo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Stanby light flashing goodmans W322 NS Reply with quote

Gripper wrote:
The tv will not power up, the standby led flashes very dimly continuously. Any ideas what the problem is?

Did you get it fixed?..... Mine is doing exactly the same!

K
UK1491

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: I have the same problem - any ideas - Please help!"! Reply with quote

I have the same problem - any ideas - Please help!"!
D Wibble in disguise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise! (it's a W282NS) Though more detail if it helps:

Started a few days ago, the picture would briefly blank out - though not a 'flat' black screen - it was in the same way as if the set was being put into standby - for a fraction of a second, and then the picture would come back. And yesterday it started doing the rapid 'ticking' with the flashing standby light, and of course no picture at all.

My theory is that the circuit for standby selection is broken.

The warranty of course only ran out quite recently Sad

I'm now pondering whether to take the lid off (NB not recommended!) and see if there's anything obvious/simple (optimist!) - otherwise it's time to phone-a-friend.

I will post back as to whether or not I decided to be brave enough, and what I find (or not)...
gary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more likely to be a short circuit line output transistor caused by dry joints in the line output stage, this will cause the power supply to trip due to overload, replace the line output transistor and resolder all hv caps in line stage.
D Wibble in disguise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gary. I might still take the lid off just to make sure it isn't stuffed full of dust but it sounds like it would be wise for me to get someone else to do the actual fixing - parts, equipment, safety(!)...
(but your fix duly noted, will post back on what is done)

FWIW the 'ticking' is several times a second, which slows down (before stopping after a second or so) after switching off.
D Wibble in disguise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first - the problem was indeed a faulty line output transistor and dry joints, duly fixed with a minimum of fuss and a decent price.
(recommendation: TV Clinic in Worcester Park, London)

A hint in the direction of it being a relatively straightforward problem made the prospect of getting it repaired less frightening though apologies if that was a competitor I took it to...

The insides were nothing like as dusty as the PC gets, presumably because there's no fans to hoover it all in but the patented dust-blower (dried-out squeegee bottle) helped make it clear that there was nothing that was obviously burnt!

Turns out my TV really wasn't so vital for my well-being after all, so I took a while to get around to getting it fixed.

It also took some time, after going through the specs and circuit diagram to admit
a) I wasn't certain enough about which component to replace (prime suspects: TR18/BU508D and C70/C88 so if these were the wrong ones it's just as well I didn't)
b) I'm too chicken about high voltages (bitter experience - if you'd seen me with the dust blower trying to get close without getting close...)
c) that it wouldn't fix itself Smile

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия