electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HELP! CD Stuck in iMac G3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graydog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: HELP! CD Stuck in iMac G3 Reply with quote

HELP! CD Stuck in iMac G3
I inserted CD into internal CD drive and the label must have come loose or something, but it will not eject CD. It makes noise as it tries, but then it quits trying after maybe 4 or 5 seconds. I can open the CD; just cannot eject it.

I'm not a tech., but I know if I could easily get into CD drive, I could fix problem. I do not want to disassemble whole computer, just get the CD out of Internal Drive.

Any help would be appreciated.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a small hole somewhere on the front of the drive. Unbend a paperclip and push it in until you feel resistance. Now push a little further and see if the drive door starts to pop out. Grab it and pull it open.

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия