electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony E500 Monitor (like Dell P1110) problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starflex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Sony E500 Monitor (like Dell P1110) problem. Reply with quote

Hi to everybody!

The monitor in subject had a problem.
I had fixed a previous, overbright problem using WinDAS. I thinked that I
can solve also this problem of distorsion of the image, but it is not
possible via software.

The monitor had a distorsion on the top and bottom right corner: in this
corner, the image is also out of convergence and out of focus. If i set
focus (in FBT) and convergence (using OSD) to see clearly in those corner,
the image is, f course, out of convergence and out of focut in the ather
parts of the screen.
The screen seem "hitted": like the regulation of trapezoid, but in the top
and in the bottom part of the screen...and is impossible to correct it using
the OSD regulations.

Do you have any tips..?
I think that I must search the problem in "D Board", that is the deflection board, but I don't know where..! Smile
Thank you a lot for any tips!
Starflex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony E500 Monitor (like Dell P1110) problem. Reply with quote

Starflex wrote:
Hi to everybody!
Thank you a lot for any tips!

It had the "G1" chassis, is the same of the models:

Sony CPD-G500 ; GDM-F500
Compaq P1100
Dell P1110
Fujitsu FMV-DP997 ; FMVWDP214
SUN GDM-5410

And of many others NEC, IBM models.
davefaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: old trick i used when fixing monitors that have been droped Reply with quote

the damage may be caused by the shadow mask being moved internally in the monitor this can some times be corrected by using a small magnet to pull the picture back in to the correct postion try maplins for a small pill sized magnet or a old fridge magnet this has to be taped to the back of tube in correct position you have to open the monitor and do this while it is on so be careful not to touch the power supply or any large capacitors. too pull the picture back to right alignment for the damaged shadow mask. please note this does not always work and depends more on the degree of movement in the damaged mask but i have had many monitors corrected with perfect results using this method.
davefaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please note if it is the shadow mask that has been damaged this is not replacable as it is part of the tube and if the magnet trick does not work the only other alternative is to replace the tube Sad expensive

and also be careful not to put magnets near the tube base as this can cause unwanted results ie bend the picture and cause od colours picture distortion
this can usually be corrected by degausing monitor a few times see last options in monitor menu degaus is in there if you do mess it up Smile

best thing to do is try it out and dont use a really strong magnet weak ones are best .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия