electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
help with convergence issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tatt2ed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: help with convergence issues Reply with quote

i have a zenith pv4663rk i'm having problems with the blue convergence, it is intermittent. sometimes it's good all day, sometimes it is bad then clears up, sometimes just the other way around. i have had the unit serviced by a so called repairman. not to put them down but he said he could fix the problem, well 158 dollars later he said "fixed", supposedly resoldered some connections. i got it home plugged it in and guess what NOT FIXED. i called him back and he wanted more money (possibly needs a convergence board). I called zenith which is now LG and they don't show anything without a part number. Needless to say i'm hoping someone could help somehow. Or really tell me if i should junk it. i really liked the pic untill this.
Don
cory

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try replacing convergence ics(stk392-110),or check for bad connections on pins of ics.
tatt2ed

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i buy these ic's(and what should they cost about), i've been told they are NLA. the place i brought the tv to before said he checked and resoldered any problems he could see. i pulled the board out and saw a few resolders but not $158 worth. i was told that LG remans these boards but since this problem is intermittent they would test it and send it back working.
thanks
CORY

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can buy these ics from any distributer,depending where you are.
tatt2ed

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked for the part that looks like the ics(stk392-110) but i can't find where it is on the convergence board. I don't have any ics that have all the pins in a straight line. i was able to find a picture of the ic on ebay and then looked at my convergene board. Or am i looking in the wrong place.
CORY

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check on right hand side pcb mounted on side of cabinet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия